Cashless payment with student identity/canteen card in our canteens and cafeterias
The Studentenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim has changed the payment system since 2006 at the canteens and cafeterias to card payment. The necessary chip is already integrated in the student and staff identity cards. Guests, highschool students and university students from abroad or from other universities outside of our service area can purchase a canteen card for a deposit of 5,00 €.
Universities which are managed by the Studentenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim:
Functions of the chip on your student identity/canteen card
- Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen
- Universität Hohenheim
- Tübinger Hochschule für Kirchenmusik der Ev. Landeskirche in Württemberg
- Hochschule Albstadt-Sigmaringen
- Hochschule für Kunsttherapie Nürtingen
- HfWU-Hochschule Nürtingen-Geislingen
- HFR-Hochschule für Forstwirtschaft Rottenburg
- Hochschule für Kirchenmusik Rottenburg
- Staatlichen Hochschule für Musik Trossingen
- Hochschule Reutlingen/Reutlingen University
- Theologische Hochschule Reutlingen
- Pädagogische Hochschule Ludwigsburg (Fakultät f. Sonderpädagoik, located in Reutlingen)
Cashless payment possible:
• in all canteens and cafeterias
• at vending machines (not in Nürtingen/Hohenheim yet)
• for the washing machines at the student residences (currently only in Tübingen)
• at the copy machines of the Morgenstar Company at the university of
Tübingen, and at the copy machines at the universities
Nürtingen-Geislingen, Rottenburg and Trossingen
• use the recharge machines with a debit card to to add value
• at the recharge machines of the Morgenstern company near the copy machines in the area of the University of Tuebingen
• at the cash counter of the InfoPoints and at the cash counters of the canteen /cafeterias.
Information on the new software at the EC's appreciation
Since 2010, a new software has been applied to the debit recharge machines of the Studentenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim..
Major changes that have been made are:
- The smallest recharge amount is 5.00 €
- The highest recharge amount is 50,00 €
- The recharge amounts are: 5,00 €, 10,00 €, 20,00 €, 30,00 €, 50,00 €
- All recharges run on the ELV process. No PIN is required.
- A receipt gets printed only on request.
- The last three digits of your account number. are encrypted (XXX).
- If your debit card got cancelled by a bank and is on the central debit card cancelling list, it also does not work at the student union’s debit card charge machines.