Revamped “my-stuwe” app
News, meal plans, competitions and the current opening hours of our facilities – you can now find all this in the revised Studierendenwerk app.
Nowadays, communication is more fast-moving than ever. What may be state of the art today in the age of the smartphone may already be outdated tomorrow. The Studierendenwerk had to realise this with its my-stuwe app. Only since the 2018/19 winter semester have students been able to use their own app to keep up to date with the services offered by the Studierendenwerk. Since then, however, the requirements placed on mobile apps with regard to issues such as data protection and accessibility have grown steadily. The Studierendenwerk had to take this development into account.
Therefore, the application has been greatly modernised in recent weeks. For this purpose, the Studierendenwerk commissioned Buzzwoo, an agency from Stuttgart that specialises in digital projects. Since the beginning of May, a revised version has been available for download in the AppStores.
The app not only has a completely new look. The design and aesthetics are now more in line with our website. In addition, the functionalities have also changed considerably. The clear focus remains the meal plans of our refectories as well as the latest news and announcements from the Studierendenwerk. The offer is supplemented by the current opening hours of our facilities as well as attractive competitions.
Accessibility is a major concern for us. Students with physical disabilities should also be able to use the Studierendenwerk’s media services as easily as possible. For this reason, optimisations for visually impaired users were also made during the new development. Fonts now automatically adapt to the respective screen size. In addition, the application now has a so-called night or dark mode. This means that the content can be displayed with a dark background and light-coloured fonts, if desired.
An overview of the most important functions:
- Want to find out today what’s on offer in the refectory tomorrow? That’s no problem with our app! Our meal plans can be filtered according to allergens and preferred ingredients (meat, vegan, vegetarian, etc.).
- Are there changes to BAföG, campaign weeks in the dining halls or adjustments to the closing times of our facilities? In the news section we inform you about all relevant developments concerning the Studierendenwerk.
- NEW: With 10 refectories, 13 cafeterias and several counselling centres, it’s easy to lose track of everything. Thanks to our daily updated opening hours overview, no one has to stand in front of closed doors anymore.
- NEW: Tickets, vouchers or surprise packages – the Studierendenwerk raffles off great prizes every month. Participation in the raffles is only possible via the app.
- Soon available: Discounts on new products, snacks or drinks in the StuWes cafeterias – the exclusive offers for app users have something for everyone.
- We can only improve our services through regular feedback. We are therefore always happy to receive constructive feedback via the contact form.